This article will explain how to re-activate Duo on a new iOS or Android device, with Duo Restore if you previously had Duo on another device already. If you have not already configured Duo Restore, please review these instructions before continuing.
If you would like to watch a video explaining this process, refer to the links below.
****Instructions start at 2:07. The first part of the video explains Duo Restore and how to configure it on your original device.
****Instructions start at 2:25. The first part of the video explains Duo Restore and how to configure it on your original device.
1) Restore your iOS device from your iCloud backup.
2) Open the Duo Mobile app on your new device.
3) You will see a prompt, choose Automatically Reconnect
4) Enter your recovery password and tap Reconnect.
5) After the backup is successful you should see the following screen
5) Tap "Reconnect" next to your Duo account on the main accounts list.
4) Log into your Trine email via the Web App at: https://outlook.office365.com
5) Choose an authentication method that is not a push, such as a text or phone call.
6) Approve the authentication
7) You should now be connected back to Duo.
1) Restore your new device from the most recent Google Drive backup.
2) Open the Duo app and tap GET MY ACCOUNT BACK
a) If the app did not re-install via the backup, install it from the Google Play store
3) Choose the account you want to restore from. (The same one your configured Duo Restore backups with.
4) Enter your recovery password and tap Reconnect
5) You should see the message below after your accounts are successfully reconnected.
6) Tap Reconnect next to your Trine Duo account
7) Tap Continue to Login
8) Enter your Trine email
9) Enter your password for your Trine email
8) Approve the authentication using either a text authentication or phone call, something that is not a Push via the app.
9) Tap to Finish
10) All your account should now be connected back to Duo.