This article will explain how to configure Duo Restore on your current device. Duo Restore allows you to restore connectivity to your Duo protected accounts in a few easy steps with backups from iCloud or Google Drive.
If you would prefer to watch videos on the process, please refer to the links below.
****Instructions start at 56 seconds. The first part of the video explains what Duo Restore is and how it works with your accounts within Duo.
****Instructions start at 48 seconds. The first part of the video explains what Duo Restore is and how it works with your accounts within Duo.
1) Make sure iCloud backups are running regularly and working properly.
2) Open the Duo app and you will see a prompt to "Automatically reconnect your accounts". Choose Enable Now.
a. This prompt only shows if you have 3rd party accounts associated with Duo and if Duo is version 3.28.0 or higher.
b. If the prompt does not show, you can click the three dashes in the upper right corner and toggle on Reconnect automatically
3) Enter a password to protect your encrypted backup.
a. When you restore your new device from the iCloud backup, you will need to enter this password.
1) Open the Duo app and tap the three dot icon in the upper right corner
2) Tap Settings
3) Tap Duo Restore
4) Toggle on "Backup accounts with Google Drive"
5) Even if you only have one Google account, it will still prompt you to choose the account to use.
6) Click Allow on the next prompt
7) Toggle on "Automatically reconnect third-party accounts"
8) Enter and confirm your recovery password to be used when restoring your device and third party apps.