Export a PST file from Outlook
On the main tabs, select File.
- On the Account Information page, select Open & Export.
- On the Open page, select Import/Export.
- In the Import and Export Wizard window,
select Export to a
file and click Next
- In the Export to a File window, select Outlook Data File (.pst) and
click Next >.
In the Export Outlook Data file window, select
the folder from which the data will be exported and click Next >. (Note that selecting the top level account
folder will save all e-mail messages, contacts, calendar information, etc. to
the .pst file.)
Confirm file name and save location
(or Browse... to
a new location), select desired Options,
and click Finish. (Note that suggested option is to
Replace duplicates with items exported to avoid potential duplication in the
saved .pst file.)
- Upon initial creation of .pst file, Outlook
will prompt for an optional password. Click OK without setting
a password, as the additional layer of security may cause issues when importing
the .pst into a client or Exchange server.
- Outlook will export the .pst to the location
set previously. When complete, the file will be available in the specified
location. (Note that
larger .pst files can take several minutes to process.)