1. Navigate to your course
2. Select the Grades tab:
3. Select Gradebook setup from the centered drop-down menu:
4. You may already have pre-existing activities and categories, if this is the case, you can select activities and move them to categories either one-at-a-time or in bulk.
5. First you will want to find the activities that you would like to move:
6. Then, select the checkbox directly in line with these activities:
7. Once your activities are selected, you will want to scroll to the bottom of this page and look for the Move selected items to drop-down menu:
8. Open up that drop-down menu and select which category you would like to move the activities to:
9. You will then see the items move to their respective category:
10. Alternatively, while you are creating new assignments, you can configure settings so that when you are done setting up the assignment, the activity will be placed in the correct category (if you already have categories set-up).
10a. While configuring your assignment settings, you can choose where to place it by choosing the Grade category:
11. If you do not already have categories created, you can do so at the bottom of the Gradebook setup menu: