Follow these steps to navigate to the question creation area within your question bank.
Below are the specific steps for configuring an Essay question:
1. Create a Question name:
2. Type the question in the Question text section:
3. Choose how many points you would like the question to be worth:
4. Next, you can configure different response options for the Essay. Most of the defaults are desirable. You would most likely amend this area if you would like to allow attachments as submissions:
5. You can also provide the student with a template to respond with (i.e. a table or suggested answer format):
6. There is not a way to program an essay question to automatically grade, this question type requires manual review.